A downloadable epic game
Soul Reaper is a not-so-serious 2D retro RPG with monster-catching mechanics and deep loot and skill systems.
Download prototype 3.1 out: http://powerlevelstudios.com.
Take control of the one and only Soul Reaper, a power-hungry skeleton whose thirst for souls leads him to a mysterious cave called The Vault, where there are more than enough souls to go around. But getting those souls may not be so easy when they belong to wasps with a gatling gun. Or sharks that breathe fire. Or a knife-wielding squirrels...? It's a fitting place for a talking skeleton with a bone to pick.
Some games that Soul Reaper might remind you of are...
* Castlevania: Aria/Dawn of Sorrow (Kill monsters, get souls!)
* Diablo (Loot with more stats than you can shake a '+50% stick-shaking' stick at)
* The Legend of Zelda (Top-down navigation style complete with bush-whacking action)
* Final Fantasy (Side view turn-based combat)
* Lufia II (This one might escape some youngsters, but if you remember "the Ancient Cave", you know what you're in for!)
* Pokemon (Once you're hooked on soul-collecting, you'll wanna reap 'em all)
|Published||95 days ago|
|Release date||in 1 year|
|Tags||16-bit, Comedy, JRPG, Loot, Monsters, Retro, Roguelike, rpg|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Gamepad (any)|
|Links||Homepage, Twitter, Community, Community, Community, Community, Community, Community, Community|
- Devlog #6: Prototype 3.1 is out! 16 days ago
- Devlog #5: MASSIVE Prototype 3.0 update 33 days ago
- Devlog #4: MASSIVE Prototype 2.0 Update 50 days ago
- Dev Update #1: A little more like Zelda 90 days ago
- Opinion: How important is the story in RPGs? 92 days ago
- Tried and True: 5 tips on building a game prototype 95 days ago
- To Kickstarter or not to Kickstarter in 2017 95 days ago
- Opinion: Are procedurally generated levels all that great? 95 days ago
- BIG NEWS: Square Enix is featuring Soul Reaper on their Collective platform! 95 days ago