A downloadable epic game
Soul Reaper is a not-so-serious 2D retro RPG with monster-catching mechanics and deep loot and skill systems.
Download prototype 3.1 out: http://powerlevelstudios.com.
Take control of the one and only Soul Reaper, a power-hungry skeleton whose thirst for souls leads him to a mysterious cave called The Vault, where there are more than enough souls to go around. But getting those souls may not be so easy when they belong to wasps with a gatling gun. Or sharks that breathe fire. Or a knife-wielding squirrels...? It's a fitting place for a talking skeleton with a bone to pick.
Some games that Soul Reaper might remind you of are...
* Castlevania: Aria/Dawn of Sorrow (Kill monsters, get souls!)
* Diablo (Loot with more stats than you can shake a '+50% stick-shaking' stick at)
* The Legend of Zelda (Top-down navigation style complete with bush-whacking action)
* Final Fantasy (Side view turn-based combat)
* Lufia II (This one might escape some youngsters, but if you remember "the Ancient Cave", you know what you're in for!)
* Pokemon (Once you're hooked on soul-collecting, you'll wanna reap 'em all)
|Published||Jul 19, 2017|
|Release date||in 225 days|
|Tags||16-bit, Comedy, JRPG, Loot, Monsters, Retro, Roguelike|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Gamepad (any)|
|Links||Homepage, Twitter, Community, Community, Community, Community, Community, Community, Community|
- Soul Reaper: Unreap Commander Prototype 1.1 coming out next week!98 days ago
- Unreap Commander Alpha: Starting the Year Right!Jan 09, 2018
- All Yours to Try: Soul Reaper: Unreap Commander Prototype V1Dec 22, 2017
- Tried and True: 7 tips on staying motivated and productiveDec 12, 2017
- Unreap Commander Prototype 1.0 Out Now!Dec 04, 2017
- Devlog #7: We accidentally made a multiplayer version of Soul Reaper. Yup.Nov 16, 2017
- Story #2: Balancing work/life for nomadsNov 07, 2017
- Devlog #6: Prototype 3.1 is out!Oct 06, 2017