A downloadable epic game
Soul Reaper is a not-so-serious 2D retro RPG with monster-catching mechanics and deep loot and skill systems.
Download prototype 3.1 out: http://powerlevelstudios.com.
Take control of the one and only Soul Reaper, a power-hungry skeleton whose thirst for souls leads him to a mysterious cave called The Vault, where there are more than enough souls to go around. But getting those souls may not be so easy when they belong to wasps with a gatling gun. Or sharks that breathe fire. Or a knife-wielding squirrels...? It's a fitting place for a talking skeleton with a bone to pick.
Some games that Soul Reaper might remind you of are...
* Castlevania: Aria/Dawn of Sorrow (Kill monsters, get souls!)
* Diablo (Loot with more stats than you can shake a '+50% stick-shaking' stick at)
* The Legend of Zelda (Top-down navigation style complete with bush-whacking action)
* Final Fantasy (Side view turn-based combat)
* Lufia II (This one might escape some youngsters, but if you remember "the Ancient Cave", you know what you're in for!)
* Pokemon (Once you're hooked on soul-collecting, you'll wanna reap 'em all)
|Release date||Dec 01, 2018|
|Tags||16-bit, Comedy, JRPG, Loot, Monsters, Retro, Roguelike|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Gamepad (any)|
|Links||Homepage, Twitter, Community, Community, Community, Community, Community, Community, Community|
- Which one makes the coolest "constellation" monster?Aug 08, 2018
- What the Heck Happened in July?Aug 05, 2018
- First of July’s Updates!Jul 10, 2018
- What's better than an update?Jun 24, 2018
- Starting June on the right foot (albeit all bones)Jun 06, 2018
- 200 + Things Soul Reaper’s Proud of (May Recap)Jun 05, 2018
- 200+ reasons to get excited about Soul Reaper: Unreap Commander version 0.0.9 (a...May 19, 2018