Soul Reaper is a not-so-serious retro-esque RPG with monster-catching mechanics and deep loot + skill systems.
Some enemies will do whatever it takes to trigger combat! Be careful!
control of the Soul Reaper, a power-hungry skeleton whose thirst for
souls leads him to a mysterious cave called The Vault, where there
are more than enough souls to go around. But getting those souls may
not be so easy when they belong to wasps with a gatling gun. Or
sharks that breathe fire. Or knife-wielding squirrels...? It's a
fitting place for a talking skeleton with a bone to pick.
The Malisade falls flat on its enemies, burning columns of enemies down with fire damage.
games that Soul Reaper might remind you of are...
* Castlevania: Aria/Dawn of Sorrow (Kill monsters, get souls!)
* Diablo (Loot with more stats than you can shake a '+50% stick-shaking' stick at)
* The Legend of Zelda (Top-down navigation style complete with bush-whacking action)
* Final Fantasy (Side view turn-based combat)
* Lufia II (This one might escape some youngsters, but if you remember "the Ancient Cave", you know what you're in for!)
* Pokemon (Once you're hooked on soul-collecting, you'll wanna reap 'em all)
For updates, check out our Steam page at: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1163660/Soul_Reaper/